Friday, July 29, 2016

"The Owner asked to be Seated in Your Section"

It was at that moment that I wanted to evaporate.

So we were expecting it to be dead tonight because it's a long weekend. We only had 5 servers on when we usually have 8 or 9. We got slammed after the manager went down to THREE servers. I had 7 tables at once which is insane for my place and the kitchen was so backed up. It was just the crap I only have nightmares about coming true right before my eyes.

As if shit couldn't get any worse, the owner came in with his family and sat in my section. I have never served him before and I was so nervous I was literally shaking. I didn't really know how to approach it. Would I just go and they would order without a second thought?

Well he made it clear when he told me to go through all of the steps of service.

I froze like a deer in headlights and couldn't even utter a word. If I wasn't so busy with other tables, I would have managed it better. But I had 6 tables to look after not including them. I just straight up told him that I don't do well under pressure and I was incredibly nervous. He eventually accepted that I was a lost cause and just went through the motions. My co-workers now know my pre-anxiety attack face and helped me so much when they could. Even just telling me that I got this and not to stress. Even my manager was like "just do your best, who cares! You are only here for the summer so don't even worry". It really helped to know that people had my back.

And I rang in gluten free penne for the owners dish instead of regular penne. We serve all of our GF food on bright green plates so it's not like I could have hid it. After I rang it in I went to the kitchen and told them that I made the mistake and they gave me shit because I waited like 10 minutes to tell them. Luckily I was looking over what I rang in or else I wouldn't have even caught it at all.

I just got in for the night and I have to open tomorrow morning so I need to be at the restaurant in less than 12 hours. That is so depressing considering how crazy tonight was. I made $100 and really need the money but hopefully it isn't as crazy tomorrow.

xoxoxox

- gossip girl

- A

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I would have been the exact same way! You did the right thing by being honest with him. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete