Friday, July 8, 2016

Christmas in July

I had heard of the holiday tip but I thought it was only an urban legend.

If you don't know what I am talking about, the holiday tip is (usually around the holidays) when a very generous guest gives you an amazing tip. I'm talking over 50%. I was having a terrible day. I spent the day finishing my 28 page paper that was due tonight at 11 and then pre-closed at 5:45. I was having really bad anxiety throughout the day and out of nowhere a couple with two little boys left me a 40 dollar tip on a 60 dollar bill. I looked at her and asked if she meant to type in 4 dollars on the machine and she smiled and said "No. that's all for you. You were wonderful".

I actually cried at their table. I just wasn't expecting it.

I hope the holiday tipper finds you on a shitty day too, fellow servers,

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment