Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Fire Alarms Interrupted my Open

So today was the dreaded open-over-dinner but it really wasn't as bad. DEFINITELY not as bad as last night so I was pleased. I went in a little early because I like to take my time opening. I like to move slow and do my thing.

I was just about finished when he fire alarms all went off. This has never happened. There was only about 6 of us including the kitchen staff so we all grabbed our stuff and sat outside. The rest of the plaza had done the same.

Is it absolutely terrible that I was hoping that I finally got my wish and that the place was burning down? LOL.

So terrible. I know.

We waited for about 15 minutes and all made jokes about having the day off but sure enough we had to go back in and get on with the day.

Everything was fine and at a comfortable pace. I made 100 bucks in 7 hours which is crazy because yesterday, I made 100 in 3 and a half hours. I'm happy either way. I have 2 days left of my 6 day stretch and I'm not feeling too bad.'

I had a few great tables too. They were easy to serve, super pleasant and seemed to enjoy having me take care of them for the night. It left me feeling good about myself.

There has also been gossip flying around the restaurant. I feel like that happens everywhere though. It's a little juicy and a guilty pleasure of mine to hear what's been going on. Unfortunately, I'm friends with both groups that are having the issues so I'm team Switzerland. I'm trying to stay out of it but sometimes my mouth starts moving before my brain tells it to shut up lol.

I hope your Saturday tips rock tonight!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment