Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Tuesday Night Blues

Hello peeps,

I had made it through my first 5 day in a row work week with a breeze. The only thing that sucked is that our air conditioning in the restaurant isn't working and we are in the middle of a crazy heat wave.  I was dripping sweat, it was so gross and uncomfortable. I got a weird heat rash on my thighs and I'm sure that our jean pants uniform isn't helping the cause.

So I have been at the restaurant for just about 3 months now and I am considered one of the older staff members because people are quitting all of the time. Since I have started, I can name 11 people that have left the restaurant. It really makes you wonder how shitty this place is. I would never consider working here long-term. I could hardly handle 4 months of summer.

I don't have any funny, cute or horrible customer stories for you. I found my customers to actually be mostly pleasant to serve. I have also started finding my place with my co-workers. I always feel out of place or awkward but now I am able to engage with everyone and sit at the bar with them after my shift ends.

Making a couple of friends has made working there a lot better too :).

So I have been enjoying my two days off before starting another 5 day streak of work. It feels like a depressing Sunday night when Monday looms around the corner. My uniform is in the washing machine and I have to wash the beach out of my hair.

Thanks for reading (if you are),

- A

1 comment:

  1. whatever beach you're going to, I hope you're enjoying the days off!

    ReplyDelete