Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hakuna Matata

Hello readers (does anyone still read my blogs anymore?),

These last couple of weeks have been pretty uneventful but that was exactly what I've needed. I have been resting, relaxing, seeing friends and family, cleaning up my room and getting ready to move out for school and catching up on Pokemon Go (don't knock it till you try it).

I feel ready to start school. I feel refreshed and eager to get back into a learning environment. I finished summer school with great marks so I feel pretty good about myself.

I got an email today from my University and found out that I made the Deans' List for this last year. I have always been a pretty average student so this was really exciting. My parents and siblings were super happy for me :).

So far we still do not have a roommate for the vacant room BUT I know someone looked at the house today and liked it so we might not get what we want and have the room stay vacant. I mean, at this point, I just have to stay positive and go with the flow. I am naturally very pessimistic so I have been trying to work on it. From what I hear, this person seems normal and respectable so that's good at least.

In terms of employment - I am still a bum! As soon as I move out on Saturday, I am hitting up all of the restaurants in my area. I know it's super late to be applying but hey, I got a job last year and I had applied at the beginning of October so hopefully the serving gods will be looking down on me again.

I hope everyone has been enjoying the last couple weeks of summer and are mentally preparing for the very busy labour day weekend!

xoxo

- A

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear you've had some stress-free time! you'll have no problem finding a job - you have experience now, and servers are always in demand. good luck!

    ReplyDelete