Wednesday, August 10, 2016

When You Get a Really Awesome Table

I know it's tacky to post twice in one day but the world will go on, right?

On Monday I worked a split and ended up pre-closing because someone called in sick. Near the end of the night I had two older women maybe in their early 30's who were just hilarious. Whenever I would go over, they would always talk to me and not in an annoying way when all you're thinking is "I couldn't care less and have other tables". I actually had a great time serving them.

They had both graduated in psychology (what I am in) so we were talking about careers and whatnot, including funny stories. It was just hilarious. The other servers noticed how much they were laughing with me and said they wish they had tables like mine.

I could sense my other table starting to get annoyed because they weren't getting any attention for like 5 minutes (boo hoo) so I paid them out and wrapped up with the two ladies.

It made me feel like more than a server. When I'm serving, that's usually all I feel I am being recognized as. Not a young woman, or a scholar, or a human being sometimes. They reminded me that there was more to me than just getting drinks and taking orders.

I doubt our paths would cross again since this is my last week but I would love it if I ever ran into those two down the road.

xoxo

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment