Thursday, June 23, 2016

Still New? That's alright! You Can Pre-Close This Weekend!

So I think the title says it all...

I just saw the schedule for next week and I was shocked to see that I will be pre-closing one night next weekend. It might be because a lot of people have booked the long weekend off but I still am confused because we all know I pretty much suck at serving. I get stressed when I have 4 or more tables (I know, don't judge me) but the restaurant I am working at is very demanding in terms of refills so I have been told that 4 tables there is like 6 tables in normal restaurants. I think it's also important to note that I have been no later than the third server cut during my shifts so a pre-close seems like a big jump.

Sometimes I wonder why I stick with serving. I hate going to work everyday and feel EXTREME anxiety leading up to shifts. I am a weak server and know it along with everyone else but I keep trying to stick with it. Why do I do it to myself? The money is great and I am a student but at what point will I think my mental health is worth more than a big tip?

Maybe once I graduate and get a job? Who knows! This world is big and crazy and full of surprises.

Thanks for reading this ranty blog,

- A

2 comments:

  1. oh, I know how you feel! I got thrown into opening with zero warning or training. I'm not sure what your place is like, but you might have to completely self-teach yourself. you can do it! (plus, you just gave me a post idea!)

    ReplyDelete