Friday, June 24, 2016

I Will Survive!

I survived my shift tonight!

I have been off for 5 days and it is always hard coming back after a break. I went to work feeling like an elephant was sitting on my chest but guess what? It wasn't that bad! I had a party of 9 and 3 other tables at the same time (which a lot my laugh at) but that is a big deal for me. I stayed calm, cool and collected.

I get scared when I find out I have a party of more than 7 people.

When I had first started serving when I was 19, I was thrown into doing a party of 15. They were middle-aged women, were constantly changing seats and had like 6 different bills and I just got in the weeds and they called me names that I won't repeat here but let's just say that it's been three years since that and I still get nervous for parties.

Tonight was good though. The party flagged down my GM and told her how fantastic I was. My other manager even pulled me aside today and told me he has noticed my improvement. It's funny how someone taking a minute out of their day to tell you something like that can make you feel wonderful!

Give it a try. Tell a co-worker that they kick ass! You never know, they could be having a bad day and that may impact them more than you realize.

Pay it forward!

Good luck to everyone starting the work week (AKA Friday-Sunday in the restaurant world),

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment