Sunday, June 26, 2016

Double Shift = Double Money? NOPE!

I have always called a Sunday in the restaurant business 'shitshow Sunday' because it can either be completely dead or insanely busy. It's super hard to schedule for a Sunday so if the restaurant gets slammed, you can get weeded pretty easily.

I worked the double today and it was completely dead! I served only three tables at lunch and maybe 6 at dinner. I made a whopping 55 dollars (because that'll pay rent). I got cut pretty early and I am wondering if my manager did it out of spite because I had asked her if my section had changed (she might have thought I was complaining that I was not cut). There is nothing worse than not knowing that your section had changed and you just walked past a table for 10 minutes thinking they were someone else's. The walk of shame to the table after realizing it is always the worst. I didn't want to get cut, I really need the money this week.

Other than that, the night was fine. I didn't get overly stressed (something I battle with constantly) and I stayed on top of my stuff. I was even assigned to my favourite side duty so that made finishing up easier.

There was one time that I wanted to put my foot in my mouth tonight, though. I usually do something stupid at least once a shift (because I am clumsy and socially awkward to the point of physical pain). I had a table of four order 4 cokes and when I was putting them down I joked and said 'just call me the coke fairy!' As soon as I said it I knew how inappropriate it sounded. I shrivelled up and walked away.

Note to self: just stop talking

As always,

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment