Thursday, June 16, 2016

Can You Work Tomorrow?

So I have been surviving the dreaded graduation season.

This week has been crazy. I work 5 shifts this week (2 which are doubles) and have 3 papers due at the end of the week. I am just about to start the first paper that is due tomorrow night. Upon sitting down to start working, my manager texted me and asked me if I could work at noon tomorrow (on top of my dinner shift). I find it hard to pick up shifts because I am also trying to balance school but they are constantly asking me to pick up shifts and I feel like every time I say no, they get a little angry.

So here I am, stuck between a rock and a hard place. Pick up a shift and give up time to do my papers or piss off my employers and get my homework done?

I just wish things could run smoothly but that never seems to be the case.

I hope your enjoying your week, friends!

- A

2 comments:

  1. My old place was like that. You can stay late, come in early, pick up shifts and no one says thank you but the one time you say no that's what they notice.
    Just from what I've read, this place hired you knowing you were a student so hopefully if you mention you need some time for schoolwork and maybe say you'll come in at 2 rather than noon or 4 (whenever your dinner shift starts) it could be a happy compromise. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought about it that way! thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete